1. Eliminate pressure on hunting land!
Most mature whitetails will leave a property if bumped more than a few times
Most experts say "The first time I visit the woods is the best chance of harvesting a large buck"
The use of scouting cameras has had a slight negative impact on hunting quality - hunters spend so much time in the woods managing cameras, they are pushing the mature deer to other areas
2. Enjoy the thrill of the picture every day - don't wait!
3. Reduce costs - It is actully cheaper to use Smart Scouter than tradtional cameras. See how:
|COST OF FILM & DEVELOPING||35mm Camera||Digital Camera||SmartScouter|
|3 Rolls of Film (2)||$15.00||$0||$0|
|Convert to JPEG (4)||$7.50||$0||$0|
COSTS OF TRAVEL (5)
to retrieve pictures (5)
|Avg distance||100 miles||100 miles||NA|
|Avg gas mileage||15mpg||15mpg||NA|
|TOTAL/MONTH||$73.33||$73.33||< $30 (6)|
|TOTAL||$113.50||$73.33||< $30 (6)|
(1) Based on average monthly usage. Survey to ~500 camera users reveals average of 120 pictures per month.
(2) Average price per 400 speed 35mm roll - random Internet store search
(3) WalMart quoted price for 2-day single copy developing ($5.95/roll)
(4) WalMart charge to create CD with digital images
(5) Based on survey of hunters estimating travel time to manage cameras
(6) Plan rates will vary and are being negotiated w/ carriers